– SM’ART in AIX EN PROVENCE : Contemporary and abstract international art fair
– Courtyard of creation gallery in St Galmier : watercolour exhibition
– Painters fair in St GALMIER
– Town council of Veauche
– Forez’s golf
– Annual fair of Brindas
– Prospect 2010 – 2011: New market of art and creation in St Etienne
– Bruneaux’s castle
– Aidac 83 in St TROPEZ – Contemporary international art fair
– Art vault in ST GALMIER
– Courtyard of creation gallery in St Galmier: watercolour exhibition
– Painters fair in St GALMIER
– Papillons of CARPENTRAS
– Biennial of Craponne: West of Lyon
– Creation’s market in St Etienne
– Biennial exhibition in Lyon: International art fair
– St Galmier’s gallery
– September in Paris : Thuillier’s gallery (located in quartier du Marais)
– St Tropez in October : International contemporary art fair
– Bronze medal from International fair of art inter biennal of Lyon
– Painting prize from St Tropez’s town
Michel Roche is a well-established, self-taught, French artist.
He has a studio in the French Alps where he lives and works.
His style is mainly a halfway house between abstract and figurative. On the abstract side he is influenced by the paintings of Nicolas de Stael, whose work Michel studied and where he discovered a world of limitless possibilities which he set about exploring. Through the medium of acrylics he creates pared-down structural forms which he re-interprets and re-works.
Ruled as much by his heart as by his head, his canvases release powerful feelings through shapes and lines that are reduced to their bare bones. He is forever searching for the inner truth and the perfect balance. The way he works his medium and his colours has a timeless quality. There is a fine interplay of colour that is direct and visually appealing.
The way he paints shapes and lets the paint run is very effective and pleasing to the eye. His work feeds the senses and you can feel his generous spirit. The shapes and lines are pure and the colours offer a whole range of visual treats
This artist has a special talent and a great sensitivity.
Taking his inspiration from the foremost, present-day, abstract painters and notably Olivier Debré and Nicolas de Stael, yet he brings his own originality and distinctive touch thanks to his complete mastery of acrylics.
The effects of light and shade come together playfully on his canvases. Bright colours and contrasts of relief and of medium, bring an inner world to life.
Drawn in, spell-bound, the onlooker sets off on a journey toward a world of sharp contrasts. Michel Roche’s paintings awaken the senses and appeal to the inner feelings of each and every one of us.
His paintings are an exercise in putting different elements together freely and from the heart. This is expressed through the often highly diffuse colour effects which go hand in hand with a precise and well-judged graphic design. Together they aim to achieve a delicate balance from which the viewer can set out on a journey to unknown, imaginary and invisible worlds.
Miche Roche has been painting for more than forty years in a career that has encompassed many styles, learning for himself as he goes along, moving from figurative to abstract, with a number of exhibitions along the way, and prizes won. From day to day, working away in his studio he continues to discover and refine his own style and draw inspiration from an immesurable universe.